I purchased an engagement ring from Cartier Iberia in December 2012, proposing to my now wife.After less than three years from the date of purchase (2 years 10 months), the ring has cracked in the middle.
My wife sent the ring to the local Cartier in Chevy Chase for fixing. The branch sent the ring to the master jeweler, who then sent us a quote of 249 usd for fixing the crack. I am amazed and deeply disturbed by the poor quality of the rings in Cartier. When I bought the ring, the sales woman clearly explained to me that the quality of Cartier rings is unmatched.
Well, unfortunately, this is now proven as untrue. The master jeweler states that the ring suffered an obvious impact, and that is the reason for the crack in the ring. My wife is not one to do extreme sports, nor wear the ring doing any type of extrenous activity. In fact, she is quite careful with the use of her rings.
Additionally, she wears her wedding band that is of equal size and purchased from what I thought was a lower quality jewlery store. Her wedding ring has no defects. If in fact the cause of the crack in the engagement ring would have been from an impact, then the wedding band would have some equal or similar evidence of it. And there is none.
I am astounded at the fact of having to pay for this repair, especially since the warantee on the ring ended so recently.And to blame the damage on user wear is a pathetic attempt at shifting blame for a poor quality product.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- No warranty
- Blame user wear
- Poor quality
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cartier Engagement Ring
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My husband purchased an engagement ring from KAYS 6 yrs ago. We actually bought a 6,ooo.oo mounting and a 2,ooo.oo Leo diamond to put in it as the centerpiece stone...."
- "Proof Origami Owl's copyrights are fraudulent. If they truly had original artwork no one ever made it would be a miracle The baseball softball can be found all over the..."
- "http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/watchismo/xeriscope-the-orbiting-mechanical-automatic-watch This scam watch is going for $350 to $400 on kickstarter right now. Only you can buy the same watch for $80-$90 on ebay and amazon and many other..."
- "I would like to apply for a Canadian permanent residency from Dubai. I am an Indian with a masters in business administration and currently working as a Business Development Manager..."
- "RANT...1000.......I KNOW YOU KNEW THIS DAY WAS COMMING?............WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!! ***!!!! HOW THE *** YOU GONNA POST MY 20 YEAR OLD CRIMINAL RECORD ON LINE ...MAKE UP FAKE..."
- "I ordered from this company because it's hard to find a petite size wig that's not a pixie cut. I was excited when it finally came so I could try..."
- "SFR Shops LLC or leatherfurniturecenter.com sold damaged goods, did not uphold delivery date, blamed the shipping company, would not return inquiries in a timely manner, lied and stated we would..."
- "SupremePsychics is really a bad website and was established in March 2013. The psychics on there are fake and are just here for the money. They do not care for..."
- "We left a message with James Perry, President of Lennar on Nov. 28,200SIX.We stated that Lennar should change their founding principles. Lennar states "highest standards for caring for their..."