I purchased an engagement ring from Cartier Iberia in December 2012, proposing to my now wife.After less than three years from the date of purchase (2 years 10 months), the ring has cracked in the middle.

My wife sent the ring to the local Cartier in Chevy Chase for fixing. The branch sent the ring to the master jeweler, who then sent us a quote of 249 usd for fixing the crack. I am amazed and deeply disturbed by the poor quality of the rings in Cartier. When I bought the ring, the sales woman clearly explained to me that the quality of Cartier rings is unmatched.

Well, unfortunately, this is now proven as untrue. The master jeweler states that the ring suffered an obvious impact, and that is the reason for the crack in the ring. My wife is not one to do extreme sports, nor wear the ring doing any type of extrenous activity. In fact, she is quite careful with the use of her rings.

Additionally, she wears her wedding band that is of equal size and purchased from what I thought was a lower quality jewlery store. Her wedding ring has no defects. If in fact the cause of the crack in the engagement ring would have been from an impact, then the wedding band would have some equal or similar evidence of it. And there is none.

I am astounded at the fact of having to pay for this repair, especially since the warantee on the ring ended so recently.And to blame the damage on user wear is a pathetic attempt at shifting blame for a poor quality product.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $4000. This person is overall dissatisfied with Cartier and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about cartier engagement ring at Cartier was no warranty, blame user wear and poor quality Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Cartier.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Luxury / Jewelry category for more informed decision or compare Cartier to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Cartier?

Comments