I purchased an engagement ring from Cartier Iberia in December 2012, proposing to my now wife.After less than three years from the date of purchase (2 years 10 months), the ring has cracked in the middle.
My wife sent the ring to the local Cartier in Chevy Chase for fixing. The branch sent the ring to the master jeweler, who then sent us a quote of 249 usd for fixing the crack. I am amazed and deeply disturbed by the poor quality of the rings in Cartier. When I bought the ring, the sales woman clearly explained to me that the quality of Cartier rings is unmatched.
Well, unfortunately, this is now proven as untrue. The master jeweler states that the ring suffered an obvious impact, and that is the reason for the crack in the ring. My wife is not one to do extreme sports, nor wear the ring doing any type of extrenous activity. In fact, she is quite careful with the use of her rings.
Additionally, she wears her wedding band that is of equal size and purchased from what I thought was a lower quality jewlery store. Her wedding ring has no defects. If in fact the cause of the crack in the engagement ring would have been from an impact, then the wedding band would have some equal or similar evidence of it. And there is none.
I am astounded at the fact of having to pay for this repair, especially since the warantee on the ring ended so recently.And to blame the damage on user wear is a pathetic attempt at shifting blame for a poor quality product.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- No warranty
- Blame user wear
- Poor quality
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cartier Engagement Ring
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a 100 dollar necklace with 7 charms and a plate... And then payed for expedited shipping... I got the package on time, just to open it and find..."
- "I received an OO for my birthday in February. I received a necklace (it has the little beads...looks like what they wear when wearing dog tags) and a locket with..."
- "Please see my first email Hello I called the Bristol store yesterday regarding a problem with my bangle I had my bangle from my mum New years Day she purchased this is Australia..."
- "Not happy with cheating hundreds of expats out of their hard-earned retirement money by promising high-yielding bogus investments, De Vere is a world-class scammer of unsuspecting new financial consultant recruits.The..."
- "I thought my Lennar complaint was awful then I read about Ruth in Pearland, Texas. They purchased a Lennar Home with a cracked concrete slab which was not disclosed..."
- "I purchased Suave Keratin Infusion. I used it as instructed and now my hair is falling out and I am going bald. I wish I had done my homework and look..."
- "It's a great airline if you like the idea of a flying a city bus. I don't normally do reviews but I had to go out of my way to..."
- "On 14th November 2016 Elite Phones and Computers collected my Samsung Galaxy note 8 64g tablet by UPS. I was assured that they would be able to replace the motherboard..."
- "Good Jerseys,fast delivey and confortable..."